Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Kids from America"

          Suni Danielle Photography/Kids from America

         My heart has been calling me to something bigger. Something that is important. Something I can be proud of.
          A few years ago as I sat at a summer church conference with 80 youth students from my home town, I looked around and saw I wasn't there for most of them as a counselor. They had figured it out on their own. They weren't just run-of-the-mill high school kids. They were doing more than meeting the status quo. They were Kingdom workers. They were dreamers. The real deal. They weren't just spouting off about what they "are going to do someday". They were doing it. Serving in their church nurseries on Sunday mornings, starting 7am prayer groups, including and inviting all "kinds" and cliques of other students to events, youth group and just to hang out. They were helping their neighbors. Raising money for missions and going on missions trips themselves.
       I realized some of the things they were doing (unprompted) were changing their world. They were 16 and 17 years old and weren't making excuses for the world the generation before them created. They were CHANGING it.
       So I had to ask myself were there more kids like this? They can't be the exception to the rule. Why don't we hear more about teenagers doing good works? Why is our society driven on shocking, scary, bad news about future generations? Kids are getting negative attention for making poor choices. How can I turn that around with what I have been given? How can I shine the light on them and what they're doing?




       That brings me to my newest project.
   
                      Kids from America.

       Photographing and capturing who these kids are where they want to go and who they want to be. How are they changing the world around them? What matters to them and where is God leading them?



       This will be a completely styled, completely FREE session. We have makeup artists, stylist, clothing lines, videographers and many other non-profit organizations partnering to help us celebrate the future generations that plan on making the world better.
       Applications will be accepted starting Friday March, 20th. Depending on the response we plan to shoot in late September 2015.  This first session will be open to high school students in the classes of 2016 and 2017. A link to the application will be available in just 2 days!

LINK LIVE--- http://sunidaniellephotography.com/kids-from-america

Please join me in praying for this event and the students and families we will be working with!


Below are a few of the images and a video link featuring some of our "Kids from America" interviews and from our first "mock" shoot of KFA in the fall of 2013.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/117071835












No comments:

There is nothing I love more than being behind a camera capturing life’s moments - wonderful, funny, messy, precious, indescribable, irreplaceable,memorable moments.